Sunday, December 09, 2007


Here's some more of my pictures form Max & Erma's Cafe, the year these were taken is the winter of 1980. In the top left hand picture, the person in the foreground is mighty Marvin and in the background is Gary Casteel, he was our line cook and at nights, Gary often filled in as Dj, because we had a dance floor right above the bar. And in the picture to the right, is Debbie Casteel , Gary's wife and one of my friends. Debbie used to give me rides from work in that beautiful old Studebaker car she used to own, never mind that during the years from 1981 to 1983, I lived at Southwyk Park and I only had a 5 minute walk to work, well Debbie is Debbie and she was and still is a very fun person to know. When Max & Ermas closed the Toledo restaurant in January 1984, Gary when to work at Chi-Chi's, maumee restaurant. And I moved back home with my mother, I was out of work for about two months, then I got the job at Miller's Family Restaurant as a busboy-dishwasher, stayed at that job for nine years before going to work at Chi-Chi's maumee restaurant in 1993. Okay, now with the second set of pictures is one of my former managers, this is Dave. He always told me not to try to second guess the managers, and he also told me that he never makes mistakes, so why did I catch him in the next picture trying to put his hand up a server's skirt? oh well, Dave's really is a good guy, he was just engaging in horse play the day I took that picture. Now we get to the last two pictures...yes this is me in both pictures. In the one on the left, I posed on the dance floor and in the other one, I'm standing in the prep area.....as you can see in both pictures I am skinny, even now I am still skinny.....I never was fat at all. And I can still eat whatever I like and not put on the pounds. Nobody better not take my beloved cookies away from me. I hope you liked my pictures, for there's a story behind every one of my pictures, I know everybody in theses pictures of mine and remember exactly what was happening on the day I took all the pictures I own, so what if I think out loud about people I used to work with, well these are my friends and when someone becomes a friend of mine they will always be my friend, for they have no faults, and because they always will have a place in my heart and even if someone were to tell them false things about me, it wouldn't change how I feel about my friends...that means all my past and present friends will always be my friends no matter what some misguided persons say, for if it ain't true it will never be true.....and I always say to myself....why lie when I can just keep on telling the truth and handle whatever they throw at me for the rest of my life. Bring it on.

No comments: